2021 Canadian Tire Mitchell’s Bay Open
Tournament Schedule and Procedures
Schedule of Events – Friday, July 9th, 2021 – COVID REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES
- Check-in (Starting at 5:00 AM) All angler teams will check-in at the marina entrance to receive their Registration Package. Have your Fishing Licenses and Proof of Boat Insurance ready to show. Please wear masks at check-in, each team will receive 2 masks provided by koolmask.ca in their Angler Package.
- Boat Number stickers will be in the Registration Packages and these must be placed on the right hand (Starboard) side of the motor before you launch for team identification purposes.
- Teams will then proceed to the 2nd station to pick up ice donated by Arctic Glacier and drinking water donated by Canadian Tire and Victory Ford.
- Teams will then move to the two rear ramps to Launch and Park. One team member will stay with the boat at the ramp for Boat Check and to receive your Boat Tag. Boats may then be parked at the berm or proceed to the Blast Off Pontoon after 6:00AM.
NOTE: If you are driving your boat in from another launch you must come in to the marina and check in at the Gas Bar check-in table between 6:00 AM and 7 AM to pick up your registration package, Boat Tag and Boat Check. Failure to check-in will result in disqualification.
Schedule of Events-Saturday, July 10th, 2021 – COVID REGULATIONS MUST BE FOLLOWED AT ALL TIMES
All angler teams will drive past the entrance gate and check-in at the ice and water station to pick up their Team Pictures.
- Teams will then move to the two rear ramps to Launch and Park.
- One member of the team will stay with the boat at the ramp for Boat Check and to receive your Boat Tag.
NOTE: If you are driving your boat in from another launch you must come in to the marina and check in at rear ramps prior to 7:00 AM for Boat Tag and Boat Check. Failure to check-in will result in disqualification.
Blast Off / Weigh-in Times and Positions
|DATE||Blast Off TIME||BLAST OFF – From the Pontoon||Weigh-In – Check in to the Pontoon before;|
|Friday, June 9th||7:00 AM||Teams 1-40||3:00 PM|
|7: 30 AM||Teams 41-81||3:30 PM|
|Saturday, June 10th||7:00 AM||Teams 81-41||3:00 PM|
|7:30 AM||Teams 40-1||3:30 PM|
Note: Teams are asked to drive slowly out the channel on Friday Morning to allow for tournament photographers to take a picture of each boat and to keep the wake down on the shoreline.
The Blast-off Pontoon Boat will be anchored slightly beyond the end of the Marine Park channel.
Weigh-In and Release of Live Fish
Due to COVID regulations the weigh-ins will be held on private property just south of the Marine Park channel entrance. When the Tournament Officials on the Pontoon Boat instruct you to come in to the weigh-in, boats should then move through the marked weigh-in channel (be aware of water depth). Please wear a mask at the weigh-in. Anglers will remain in their boats at the weigh-in. Fish will be put in the supplied mesh bags by the teams and then checked and, if you have a big fish it will be placed in a second mesh bag. The bag or bags of fish will then be weighed. After the fish are weighed they will be returned to the angler’s boat for release. Immediately go back out beyond the Pontoon Boat to release your fish. DO NOT RELEASE FISH NEAR THE WEIGH-IN or in the MARINA! If you have fish that are doing poorly, please leave them with us at the weigh-in. They will either be revived or given to people who will use them as food. No fish will be wasted!
IMPORTANT Be sure to come into the scales each day to turn in your Boat Tags even if you have no fish!
We have a special surprise to hand out at the Friday Weigh-In and you must come in to receive it.
Prizes and Awards
There will be NO Awards Ceremony due to the COVID restrictions. Teams who place in the Top 10 positions, win Big Fish contests (Tournament or Fri/Sat Pool), win the Perseverance Award, and/or win the Lucky Catch or Canadian Tire Mitchell’s Bay Open Award are asked to stay in Mitchell’s Bay for about one hour after the final weigh- in. Teams who win prizes will be called on their cell phone and asked to walk over to the weigh-in area (by land) to pick up their monetary prizes and awards. There is no room to park at the weigh-in area.
2022 Canadian Tire Mitchell’s Bay Open
The 8th Annual Canadian Tire Mitchell’s Bay Open will be held on July 8 & 9, 2022. We are holding off on registration for 2022 until later in the year because of restrictions. All 2021 teams will have first chance for a 2022 spot, including the USA Teams who could not come over the border this year. Dates when registration will open will be on our website and FB later this summer.
NOTE: There will be a copy of this in the Angler Package that you receive at check-in Friday